Sign Up For Our E-news
Connect With Us
Policies and Forms
Attendance Policies (as stated in the Handbook)
An important part of your child’s success is attendance at all private lessons. Please be ready for your lesson at start time: instrument unpacked and tuned (if applicable). If you are unable to make your lesson time, please notify your private teacher as soon as possible. Before you leave your house for your lesson, double check that you have at least the following materials: instrument, notebook, pen/pencil and music.
Make-Ups and Cancellations
Please remember that your teachers are not only excellent teachers but professional musicians. As such, they lead active performing careers which create very busy lives with tough schedules. Your tuition money does not pay for your lesson time, but time they have reserved for you.
- With 24 hours notice, one lesson per semester may be rescheduled at the student’s request.
- In the event of an emergency or serious illness, teachers have the option, but are not required to make up missed lessons. Payment is expected for missed lessons unless the teacher agrees to reschedule.
- Teacher absences will be made up at a mutually agreeable time, or the missed lesson will be credited to your account.
- Make-ups are not given for missed group classes.
- Private Lessons: In the case of inclement weather, please contact your private teacher to determine if lessons will be held. Please note that the Toledo Symphony Office will not give out teacher’s phone numbers.
- Monday Group Class: If Toledo Public Schools are closed, all Group Classes will be cancelled that day. The outgoing message at the TSSM office will be changed to inform you that groups will not meet that day. If you are in doubt, call (419) 418-0022. Please contact your private teacher regarding your private lessons.
- Saturday Group Class: The outgoing message at the TSSM office will be changed to inform you of cancellations. Please call (419) 418-0022 and listen to the message if the weather is questionable. If your private lesson is scheduled that day, please contact your teacher directly to find out if your lesson will take place.
- Make-ups are not given for classes/lessons missed due to weather.
- Calendar - Download and print.
- Handbook - Download and print.
- Brochure - Download for a printable list of all the summer programs offered through the TSSM.
- Registration - Download, print, fill out, and send in/drop off information to Rachel at the address below.
- Participating in the TSSM Honor Roll? Download your “Practice Tracker” and instructions here. Don’t forget to submit your accomplishment in writing to your private teacher by the 10th of the following month!